X-Men: Blue Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Heroes

5 posters

Go down

Marvel Heroes Empty Marvel Heroes

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm

marvelheroes.com/

Have any of you guys tested Marvel Heroes yet? I have been beta testing it on computer for months now and I like it. It is a Diablo style game and I think I read somewhere months ago that some of the developers that worked on Diablo 1 and 2 are actually working on this game. It think it will release officially for everyone in early June. Until then, only the people selected as beta testers can play and test. The game will be free to play and is based on the Marvel Superhero universe. If you sign up on the site, you may be picked to help beta test it.

Game Overview

Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2. Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America and many others). Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

Features

-Play for FREE

-Experience the entire game without paying any money. If you choose, you can shop in the in-game store for even more heroes and items.
Battle as Marvel Super Heroes

-Play as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Punisher, Deadpool, Captain America and many other famous heroes.
Customize Your Hero

-Make your Hero unique with a range of spectacular powers and costumes. Discover enhancements to increase your hero's power.
Explore the Marvel Universe

-Visit famous locations from the Marvel Universe, from Avengers Tower to Mutant Town to the Savage Land.
Fight Incredible Enemies

-Smash through hordes of Marvel enemies and face off against iconic super villains.

-Team Up With Friends

-Join with your friends as you fight your way through the game.

Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marvel Heroes Empty Re: Marvel Heroes

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Do you know if this is a heavy graphics game? I am PC game stupid and my laptop is not a beast of a machine. Just not sure if i am capable of playing it is what i am saying.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

I don't think it is. Let me see if I can find the minimum requirements for it.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

System Requirements for Marvel Heroes Closed Beta

2.1 GHZ Core 2 Duo or better
2 GB ram or better
GeForce 8800 GTS vith 320 MB VRAM or better
10 GB free space
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I will have to look at my laptop and see what i have going. Right now it is teathered to the wall. My battery died.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:01 pm

If it was made in the last 3 years, It should be able to play it. If not, you may be screwed.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffreyrsimpson Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Its about time they came out with something like this. How many playable characters are there?

jeffreyrsimpson

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:04 pm

I am sure it was made three years and two days ago. Do you guys play any other games? Online and such.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:09 pm

jeffreyrsimpson wrote:Its about time they came out with something like this. How many playable characters are there?

26 characters currently but they announced more to come later on. I play as Hawkeye when I test it.

Marvel Heroes Heroes_zps8a935611
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

joseph Dirkx wrote:I am sure it was made three years and two days ago. Do you guys play any other games? Online and such.
I play DC Universe Online and sometimes I play Guild Wars 2, SWGEMU, Need For Speed World, League of Legends, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, and Lord of the Rings Online. I also play PS3 and Xbox games online sometimes.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm

And this game if the servers are online and I have time. I also play another Trading Card Game called Urban Rivals which I have played for years. You can play it on iphone, android, or on their website on computer.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah i play some PS3 online sometimes. Just have not been into it much this last year or so. Guess i am getting old or something. Every now and then i play Boarder lands or Call Of Duty. But i am no good. Always been an RPG person. No telling how many hours i wasted on Final Fantasy over the years.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Yea, same here. I don't play shooters. Online, I mostly play Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Burnout Paradise, Madden and NCAA 13, and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe on PS3 and on Xbox I play Minecraft and Happy Wars. Offline, I play stuff like Star Wars Force Unleashed games, Ratchet and Clank games, God of War games, Spiderman games, Final Fantasy games, Lego games, most racing games, and dancing or music games like Guitar Hero games when my daughter is visiting.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Yeah i cant wait for the lego Marvel game. My girlfriend is hooked on all those lego games. I am burned out on them. Her and my daughter can play that mess for ever it seems. We started playing the ratchet and clank one for all but it got repetative fast. I want to play God of War. I loaned my brother my copy and he lost it somehow. Was still new in the plastic when i lent it to him.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm

I still haven't gotten Lego Lord of the Rings yet, but I think I have all the others. That is the only Ratchet and Clank for PS3 that I don't have. The God of Wars are good games but I haven't gotten the new one yet. The Assassin's Creeds are pretty good too. Forgot to mention them earlier. Sucks about your GoW. You need to punch your brother in the face.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I should no doubt about it. Thats crazy LOTR is the only one we dont have either. I have just refused to get it on principal of i am all played out on lego games right now. Yeah it was just God of War 3. I need to starting playing something new. I have a few games i bought and have not even played yet. I am a sucker for a good deal even if i dont need it.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

I have a lot of games I've never even put in my PS3 or Xbox. I'd say I have about 105 PS3 games and I've only played like 40 and I have about 50 Xbox games and I've played like 20 of them. I am a sucker for a good deal too.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jflarkin1117 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Has anyone else been able to get the beta key from registering. I know they put something out today and I did everything they said. Just wondering.

jflarkin1117

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 pm

They usually email you if they accept you. Then you go to your account page, add the beta key and it unlocks the page to download the files. Then you just check the launcher to see what days testing is going. There is full beta access, which I have, which means anytime the server is up for testing (which is usually 3 to 4 days a week) i can play anytime, but some people just get picked for certain weekends or a certain month then there access is shut off. Even if you don't get accepted for beta testing, I think the launch date for the game is June 4th, so everyone will be able to play after that. Then we can start an X-Men: Blue Team Alliance on that game also and use these forums for that game also.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm

OK, i just took a screenshot to explain. This is what the launcher looks like. It is what updates the game files before the patches. They do beta tests, then the developers fix some of the bugs the testers report then before the next test day, you download updates with the launcher and test the new stuff out. As you can see in the screenshot, they show the test days for the current week. I am updating now for the test that is going on tomorrow. I missed the one from yesterday. Looks like they are planning on a 4 day weekend worth of testing this weekend.

Marvel Heroes MH_zps690783b9
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jflarkin1117 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm pumped about this. This looks great.

jflarkin1117

Back to top Go down

Post by FastLT Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 am

Yes it's really cool, I tried this one out too. Worst thing is the closed beta test times, because I live in UK test times suck for me Smile but I still got to test out Storm and Thor Smile Thor is really nice character there Smile
FastLT
FastLT

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am

Well i guess i will just wait and jump on when it releases to the masses. Will give me time to get a battery for my lap top anyways.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Did you sign up for the beta? You may get accepted. All you have to do is register on the site and they look at your application and they pick a few new people each week.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 pm

No i havent tried yet. I went home last night and hung with my daughter and that was about it. I will give it a shot tonight and see if my computer can handle it. If it is draining on the internet it is likely i cant. I have crap service and my girlfriends mom tends to keep our wifi maxed out with her phone and kindle and laptop and gon know what else all going at the same time.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Glad I don't share my internet with anyone. I have one of the faster packages and it's all mine, MUHAHAHA!!!
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm

well i didnt choose the situation. She didnt have a place to go and now she is disabled. Went in for back surgery and came out all messed up. So we are stuck with her for now.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 pm

My brother was stuck with his mother-in-law for the last year so I understand. She was just lazy, lost her job so she moved in with them, and has just done nothing since. They plan to kick her out soon and make her move in with his wife's sister.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Well i cant kick her out just yet. She has no job or money. She has two other kids to stay with but one is a meth den, and the other is so small she would have to sleep on the floor. Luckly the daughter with the small place has tons of money so she is sending her cash each month. But she live in downt town NY in one of those crazy 2million dollar apts thats the size of a normal closet. And with 2 kids a dog and the two adults it just could happen.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clause Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Decided to test out the Punisher today for the last 2 hours. I think I like him better than Hawkeye, so I may just stick with him. Man, me and like 20 other people just fought Venom as a world boss, (those of you that ever played a game like WoW will know what I'm talking about), and it took us like 10 minutes to kill him, lol. I died like 5 times but it was fun and I got some nice weapon and armor upgrades.
Clause
Clause
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph Dirkx Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:08 am

Yeah never played them. I will see if i can give a shot soon. Ended up at work at some crazy hours todays. Geting up at 1:45am should be illegal.
joseph Dirkx
joseph Dirkx

Back to top Go down

Post by jflarkin1117 Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 am

I got a beta key unfortunately all I have are macs and its not on mac yet

jflarkin1117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down